Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our trip and lessons learned on Marta

So, Matt and I had a great trip to Michigan, over Memorial Day. The wedding was so nice and we got to visit with lots of family on his mom's side. The time we spent at Matt's aunt/uncle's was alot of fun as well. They live on a lake so we spent lots of time on their boat cruising the lake. It was so warm and sunny the whole time we were there, about 80 on Sunday and Monday! Very different from the last time I was there in Dec.!
I definitely got my first sun burn of the season, but I did wear sunscreen, don't doubt that, probably not enough though. Warning: Plug on sunscreen to follow
I try to be very diligent about wearing sunscreen b/c my mom has had several skin cancers (benign) removed, and I don't want to risk it. She has always, well with us, been a stickler about wearing sunscreen, and I am thankful for that b/c I have seen how much damage the sun can do. She says she wishes it was stressed more when she was a teen/young adult, but back then teens lived to lay out and get fried and have nice tans.
So there's my two sense on sunscreen.

So we went out on the boat several times and even caught our dinner one night! We went fishing and caught about 40 BlueGill and some Crappie. Matt's uncle, cleaned and fried it up, it was so good! I have never fished and actually had it for dinner!

We just hung out, slept in and relaxed alot.
It was a nice mini vacation.

I will post some pics once I get those on the computer.

No comments: