Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kate minus Jon and the 8

About a month ago some friends and I went to see Kate Gosselin speak at Roswell United Methodist Church.
Tickets were just $5 for balcony and since I have been following the show for a while now I really wanted to hear her speak in person.

My neighbor Kelly and I rode together and met up with friends from my small grup Nicole and Jennifer as well as Nicole's friend Allison. We ate some dinner and then headed to the church.

It was pretty crowded although the church was fairly large, but suprisingly it did not completely fill up, there were still spots in the balcony.

Many of us were wondering what she was going to speak about esp. since recent rumors have been circulating about Jon and Kate separating.

Some pictures came out recently of Jon at a bar with some college students while he was away at his mom's taking care of her. Since then the media has been speculating all sorts of things and still is I think.

So we were all curious if she would mention this at all, which turns out she didn't.

Mainly she spoke of "their story" from when she and Jon meet, having the twins and finding out they were having sextuplets and she also answered some questions about the show.

She shared how her faith has always been a part of their story and leaning on God for strength through the trying times and the good times.

Afterwards she signed autographs and signed copies of her book. Kelly and I decided to wait out the line and I got my book signed. It was very quick but we got to speak to her for just a moment as she was signing and we also got to get some up close pictures while we were waiting in line as well.


Here are some pictures from the event.





2 comments:

Jenna said...

Hi Halie,
I'm a big fan of the show as well - don't think i've missed an episode! That's neat that you were able to hear her speak. I'm intrigued by their family and a part of me hopes the show starts up again, but most of me hopes it doesn't... so they can focus on each other and get out of the public eye while they can. Anywho.... I would have been in the crowd too :o) Hope you & Matt are doing well!
- Jenna

Halie said...

Hey Jenna,
Glad to see you commented here, and now I can follow your blog as well.
So good to see you guys last weekend. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time off and traveling.
We would definitely love to come up and visit sometime.
~Halie