Friday, May 2, 2008

I am that person

So, yesterday I had quite an experience as I headed to the Dr.'s office. I had never been to this Dr. before or been in the area at all. Therefore I wasn't quite sure where I was going.
I had gotten the directions from the receptionist, and it seemed pretty easy. Exit off at this exit, turn left and the office was less than 1/2 mile on the right. Simple enough. Well I failed to ask if it was medical type complex, or in an area with several suites or what. So I am riding along and I realize I have probably gone too far, so I turn off to the left into a neighborhood.

So, you know those times you have been riding along and see someone coming at you, the wrong direction on a one way or just on the wrong side of the rode. usually older people or people from another town, well that was me.

As I pull out and make a right onto this semi-busy two lane, I hear someone honk at me, still not realizing I was going the wrong way on a one way!, I kept going for at least a couple more seconds and when a car was coming directly at me and had to swerve into the other lane, I finally realize what was going on. I sort of yell out loud in the car, and turn left very quickly into a parking lot. So after it really sinks in what just happened, I first thank the Lord I didn't have a wreck and second bust out laughing at myself, for at least 5 min.

So, after I make the block and got back going in the correct direction and I finally found the Dr.

So, next time I see someone going the wrong way, I won't be so quick to laugh, b/c I know how they feel.

1 comment:

Land of Lovings said...

OMG! That is so funny! I can totally relate to doing that type of thing, though...

Thanks for all your help last night! We had fun hanging out with you guys!